This quinoa enchilada dip recipe is perfect for those days when you’re expecting people over, and want to entertain them with a filling dish that won’t take you hours to do. But then again- I made this and enjoyed it for my weekly lunch (all by myself). So it really works either way. If you enjoy it as a dip, you can accompany it with some tortilla chips! This is a great one for those of you who enjoy tailgating or for those of you who just like having a group over for an array of apps!
The enchilada sauce is going to tickle those taste buds. Can you say yum? We’re making the sauce with tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and a dash of salt. For the base of the dip, we’re going to combine our quinoa, tomatoes, beans, peppers, and onions. Then we will top with the sauce and some cheddar cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
The dip contains nutrient dense ingredients such as quinoa, peppers, and black beans. The black beans are a great source of fiber and protein. The quinoa is a complete, plant-based protein and is also an excellent source of manganese, phosphorous, and copper. Peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C and contain cancer fighting properties. Be sure to top this dip off with some avocado slices and fresh cilantro to make it not only delicious but gorgeous too!
You know what this means: even game day can be healthy and plant-based! Entertaining others or being assigned a side dish to that party is now simple, quick, and healthy! Do you have other healthy dips that you enjoy when entertaining or celebrating? Comment below!
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa*
- 3/4 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 3 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the enchilada sauce and mix.
- In a oven-safe skillet or pan, combine the quinoa, beans, tomato, peppers, and onion. Then add the enchilada sauce evenly to the quinoa mix.
- Top with cheddar cheese, and bake at 400F for 25 min.
- Finish off with avocado and fresh cilantro.
- *To make quinoa, boil 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of water for 25-30 min on low-medium heat with the cover on, until fluffy.