Winter is here, and ginger is the perfect ingredient for adding warmth and spice to meals, which is exactly what we did with this ginger glazed garlic string bean recipe. This recipe is meant to be the vegetable side piece to your favorite meal. It’s savory, crunchy, and nutrient-packed! The combination of garlic, ginger, beans, soy sauce, and mushrooms are going to create an awesome flavor that you’ll crave again and again.
Ginger is an awesome ingredient to add to your recipes. Ginger has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties. When our bodies suffer from chronic inflammation, it can lead to diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, digestive diseases, cancers, cardiovascular disease, and other diseases. So, anti-inflammatory foods (like ginger) may help alleviate these conditions. Ginger has been found to help with stomach aches, nausea, asthma, arthritis, and high blood pressure. Not to mention the delicious flavor that ginger adds to dishes!
Garlic has also been found to help with many diseases because of its antioxidant and antibacterial functions. Garlic may help fight hypertension, high cholesterol, infections, and cardiovascular disease. The garlic will also help add a nice punch of flavor to the classic string bean.
This is going to be a super simple recipe, starting with cutting the ends off of the string beans. Once the beans are all ready, heat some olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic and ginger. Next add the beans to the oil, ginger, and garlic in the pan. Cook the beans for about ten minutes before adding the mushrooms and soy sauce. Get ready to enjoy once you top with a dash of black pepper!
Do you use ginger in any of your recipes? Let us know how you like the garlic-ginger combo with these string beans in the comment section below!
- 2 cups of string beans
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced (use your favorite)
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, minced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cut the ends off the string beans.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute on low-medium heat.
- Add string beans, and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Then add mushrooms and soy sauce, and cook for another 6 minutes- with the lid on.
- Remove and top with black pepper.
- Enjoy as a vegetable side to your favorite meal!