- 1 small watermelon
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (**the kiwi and blueberries are toppings. Feel free to use your favorite fruits!)
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Mix the cinnamon with the greek yogurt and put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes (this will make the yogurt better for spreading)
- Slice both ends off the watermelon.
- Lay the watermelon on it’s end. From top to bottom, cut off the watermelon skins.
- Work your way around the watermelon, until you have a nice round shape with just the pink flesh.
- Remove the yogurt from the freezer.
- Lay the watermelon on a plate, and start to spread the yogurt mix onto the watermelon. (Some of the yogurt may start dripping down the sides. Totally fine. At the end you can simply wipe around the edges to make it look neat.)
- Decorate your yogurt frosted watermelon with fruit. Slice it up and enjoy!
**This cake is best when eaten right after it’s prepared. If you don’t plan on serving immediately, place in the freezer for up to an hour to maintain sturdiness.
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup of sliced red onions and bell peppers
- 3 cloves of sliced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- Optional: salt to taste
- 1/3 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- juice of two orange slices
Optional: Your favorite salad dressing for more flavor, pick a dressing under 100 calories (note: this will bring the total calories up to 400 for the entire salad)
- Heat oil and cook onions, peppers and garlic. Add chili powder. Cook until tender then place on a place. Add pepper to taste and salt if desired.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of water, then add beans, then cumin. Cook until beans become fragrant. Then transfer into a bowl. Add pepper to taste and salt if desired.
- Combine tomato, cilantro, onion, and juice of orange for salsa. Add pepper to taste and salt if desired.
- Then combine all ingredients together for salad.
- Remember, you can add salad dressing for added flavor, but keep it under 100 calories for a total of 400 calories per serving.