Watch for how to prepare some of our favorite snacks! We keep it healthy, simple, and easy.
What you need:
- 2 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 3 cups of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, to taste
What you do:
- Drain the tofu, and crumble into pieces. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, and sauté onions, garlic, carrots, and curry powder together for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in beans, tomato sauce, water, cayenne pepper, and tofu.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Optional: Add a pinch of cheese. Makes the perfect on-the-go lunch!
Are you feeling lucky!? We hope so because we are giving away not one, but FOUR Magic Bullets!!! All you have to do is subscribe to our new youtube channel (http://youtube.com/foodheavenshow), then share the channel on any social media platform and tag us. The winners will be selected May, 1st.
It’s no secret, food can greatly impact our daily mood. Learn how food alters your mood (for both good and bad) and how to keep yourself upbeat throughout the day!
In this episode we whip up two of the worlds easiest (yet oh so delicious) salads. Along with the healthy salad recipes, we share two of our favorite money saving DIY salad dressing recipes.
- 4 cups of kale
- 1/2 Haas avocado
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds (or any seeds)
- 2 tablespoons of Spanish olives
- Chop kale and avocado
- Mix everything together in a bowl
- 4 cups of of spinach
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes (OR sliced grape tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chop spinach, grate or chop carrot, then chop cucumber and tomatoes
- If you have a garlic press, use it to crush garlic. If you don’t have one, mince garlic with a knife.