It’s soup thyme! This Thyme Butternut Squash Soup recipe will warm you right up. The creamy butternut squash makes this soup an instant comfort food to make you feel right at home. Curl up and grab a spoon because this is going to make you feel super cozy.
Thyme has such a rich flavor. It is an herb that has a flavor similar to that of oregano. Thyme has been used for centuries as a flavor additive, for medicinal uses, and for it aroma. It will really bring this soup to life.
Let’s get this delicious dish started! Start it off by peeling the butternut squash. I typically use a potato peeler to get the job done quickly. Next, cube up the squash into about 1 inch cubes. Boil about 2 cups of the squash for about 20-25 minutes until it is tender. In a blender, combine the coconut milk, red onions, thyme, garlic, basil, and butternut squash. Blend this all up until it is a smooth consistency. Remove from the blender and toss into a medium sized pot. Heat the pot on a low flame for about 15-20 minutes. When done cooking, add the salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Now, how does that sound for a chilly fall day? Pair this with a whole grain like brown rice or quinoa to make this the perfect complete meal. Curl up by the fire place and let us know what you think in the comments below! xo
- 2 cups of butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of low-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of basil (fresh or dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil butternut squash for 20-25 minutes (or until tender). Set aside.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except salt and pepper. Blend for a smooth consistency.
- Remove from blender, and in a medium sized pot, cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- When done cooking, add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!