This Spicy Spiralized Carrot Black Bean Salad Bowl is bringing the heat this week! This salad is Mexican-inspired, and contains a blend of vegetables that pair perfectly with our homemade chipotle sauce. Have any of you had chipotle peppers in adobo sauce? They’re one of my favorite kitchen pantry items, and add a distinct burst of flavor to many of our favorite dishes.
For this recipe, we’re adding in brussel sprouts, which are a nutrition powerhouse thanks to their vitamin K, vitamin C, and fiber content. The black beans add a dose of plant-based protein, which will help keep you satiated throughout the day.
And then we have our spiralized carrots. Spiralizing is definitely in, and it seems like people are spiralizing just about everything these days. Have you spiralized carrots before? If not, give it a shot. Carrots are packed with carotenoids, which help give vegetables their orange color. These pigments also provide a range of protective health benefits!
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, quartered
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked
- 4 medium carrots, spiralized
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers, with 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Add the brussel sprouts and sweet corn to a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil and top with paprika
- Bake for 10 minutes, and using a spatula, flip over and bake for another 5 minutes
- In a bowl, add the roasted vegetables, beans, and spiralized carrots
- In a food processor, add the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, water, and lime juice. If you're sensitive to spice, remove the seeds from the peppers
- Blend until smooth
- Top the bowl with the chipotle puree, and massage it into all the ingredients. Top with fresh cilantro and enjoy!