I’m sure it comes as no surprise that we live for fruits and vegetables. Literally, because they keep us healthy, and figuratively, because they taste amazing. So when our friends at Mighties™ Kiwi approached us about collaborating on some creative kiwi recipes, we jumped at the chance. We decided to take a stab at 3 kiwi recipes:
We love Mighties™ because they are perfect for a snack — in our video you’ll see that they come with an adorable little green “spife” (spoon/knife) so you can just cut and eat. You can also get creative, like we did, and add them to a variety of recipes. They are also in season year-around, which makes them great to enjoy any time of the year.
And of course, kiwis are super nutritious. Mighties™ — and kiwis in general — are good sources of vitamin C, potassium, vitamin E & K.
Who doesn’t love a good cocktail? Lord knows we all need one from time to time (in moderation of course). The best thing about this recipe is that we have given you a healthy way to enjoy your next happy hour! The kiwis offers many vitamins and minerals, while the seltzer is a nice healthy alternative to many mixers. Your mouth is about to water with the powerful combo of rosemary, kiwi, and lime juice. Let’s drank!
Start off by slicing the kiwi and scooping it into a bowl. Then add the seltzer water, rum, and sweetener to that same bowl and using an immersion blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. If using a standard blender, add all ingredients mentioned into the blender and blend until smooth (either works)! If you’re making the mocktail, just remove the rum and follow the same directions using 3/4 cup seltzer water instead. Next, pour into a glass, mix in the lime juice, and garnish with fresh sprigs of rosemary. Make sure to pinch a few of the rosemary leaves to release the flavor!
Alright, so what are we thinking? How many of you have ever used kiwi to flavor your cocktails before? Let us know how it goes in the comments below!
Rosemary Kiwi Cockail
- 1 Mighties™ kiwi
- 1/2 cup seltzer water
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 sprig rosemary
- Slice and scoop the kiwi into a bowl
- Add the seltzer water, rum, and sweetener to that same bowl and using an immersion blender, blend all ingredients until smooth
- If using a standard blender, add all ingredients mentioned into the blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a glass, mix in the lime juice, and garnish with fresh rosemary
- Pinch a few of the rosemary leaves to release the flavor
- To make the non-alcoholic version, remove the rum and follow the same directions using 3/4 cup seltzer water instead
Food Heaven Made Easy http://www.foodheavenmadeeasy.com/