The first time I saw hasselback potatoes, I was so amazed by how pretty they looked. I thought, what a simple and creative way to enjoy potatoes. This recipe can be enjoyed as a side or appetizer. I left them in the oven for over an hour because I prefer a lot of crunch with my potatoes (I almost thought I was having potato chips!) If you want them more tender, an hour should be just fine.
We’re starting this recipe by cutting a ⅛” slice from the bottom of each potato, enough so that they can stand firmly on their own. Next, you’ll create thin ⅛” slice through each potato, without cutting through the potato. Place the potatoes in a baking dish and stuff with garlic. Place the rosemary twigs in the baking dish. Then bake the potatoes at 460F for about 60-80 minutes. Finish these beauties off by adding some grated cheese, salt, and pepper.
Potatoes often get a bad rap; however, they have some major benefits. They are a rich source of potassium and vitamin C. With the skin on, they also provide a healthy dose of fiber, to help slow down carbohydrate absorption. Add this with another delicious protein side for a savory and satisfying meal.
And let me tell you- the rosemary in this recipe is going to be a game changer. Rosemary has an unforgettable flavor that bring together all the flavors in this dish. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties. When our bodies suffer from chronic inflammation, it can lead to diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, digestive diseases, cancers, cardiovascular disease, and other conditions. Anti-inflammatory foods may help alleviate these conditions. We can thank rosemary for adding flavor and all of its nutritional properties!
Now, it’s your turn! Try these out and let us know what you think! Have you ever prepared hasselback potatoes? Let us know in the comment section below!
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1 ounce of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Rosemary twigs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Create a 1/8″ slice from the bottom of each potato, so that they are able to stand firmly on a surface.
- Then create thin 1/8″ slices through each potato, making sure not to cut completely through the potato. Stop right before you hit the bottom.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish, and drizzle olive oil.
- Stuff the slices with the garlic, and place rosemary twigs in baking dish.
- Bake at 460F for 60-80 minutes (longer if you prefer crispiness.)
- Finish off by adding grated cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe can be enjoyed as a side or appetizer.