Superbowl Sunday make anyone else think of cauliflower? For any football lovers out there, this weekend might call for some unhealthy apps and sides that might not fit in with your health goals. Healthify this weekend (or any weekend for that matter) with these Roasted Sesame Cauliflower Bites.
Cauliflower can be a great way to sneak in those vegetables — especially when you add special sauces for a savory treat. The breadcrumbs in this recipe will create a delectable, crunchy texture and the garlic packs it with flavor. We love cauliflower because it is a good source of vitamin B6, folate, and fiber. This little veggie also a great source of vitamin K and vitamin C.
Begin this recipe by preheating the oven to 450F, remove the core from the cauliflower and cut into bite size pieces. Then place onto a baking sheet. Next, add the milk, garlic powder, and olive oil into a small bowl and mix together. Drizzle the mixture onto the cauliflower evenly and top with the breadcrumbs. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes. While that’s all happening, mix the ingredients for the sesame sauce together in a small bowl. Once the baking is done, drizzle the sauce onto the cauliflower and bake for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes, then finally, remove from the oven, allow to cool, and top with toasted sesame seeds and fresh scallions.
Our favorite part is the sauce that packs sweet and sour highlights and a little bit of spice. Would you think about bringing our Roasted Sesame Cauliflower Bites as an appetizer for your next get-together? Thoughts? Be sure to comment below!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, unflavored, plant-based milk (almond, soy, hemp, etc)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Scallions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Start by removing the core from the cauliflower, and cutting into bite size pieces
- Then place onto a baking sheet
- Next, add the milk, garlic powder, and olive oil into a small bowl
- Mix together and drizzle onto the cauliflower evenly
- Top with the breadcrumbs, and bake for 10 minutes
- Then flip and bake for another 10 minutes
- While that's happening, mix all the ingredients for the sesame sauce together in a small bowl
- Once the baking is done, drizzle the sauce onto the cauliflower and bake for 10 minutes
- Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and top with toasted sesame seeds and fresh scallions. Enjoy!