Let’s talk about switching up your standard pizza recipe with a Roasted Beet Rosemary Pita Pizza. Your Friday night pizza date just got a whole lot better with these powerful flavors and wholesome ingredients.
We are loving the beet craze right now. Not only are they in season, but they are loaded with nutrition. Beets contain nitrates that research has found to increase blood flow throughout the entire body to improve brain and heart health. They are also super rich in folate, manganese, potassium, and other vital vitamins and minerals. The vibrant red/purple color is from a phytonutrient called betalains. Research has found that betalains are an excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory function in the body. Bottom line: we’re digging the beets and so we give you our favorite Roasted Beet Rosemary Pita Pizza.
Start up by preheating the oven to 425F. Place the beets and rosemary on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap it together with the foil. Bake this for 20 minutes and allow to cool. In a blender, add the roasted beets, garlic, chickpeas, juice of lime, water and blend up until smooth and consistent. Warm the pita bread in the oven or on the stovetop for a couple of minutes so it is nice and toasty for the delectable toppings. Spread the beet paste onto the warm pita and top off with cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and the roasted rosemary. Drizzle olive oil over the pita, and finish off with a pinch salt and black pepper.
We are obsessed with this one because it is so simple to whip together and you can top it with almost anything you want. Chop and fresh veggies you have in the refrigerator and throw ’em on your pizza. Our key ingredient here is the rosemary with its potent flavor that really ties the recipe together. Thoughts on trading in traditional pizza for our Roasted Beet Rosemary Pita Pizza? Comment below and give us your verdict!
- 1 medium beet, peeled and quartered
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 pitted black olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Place the beets and rosemary on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap these ingredients with the foil
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool, and in a blender, add the roasted beets, garlic, chickpeas, juice of lime, and water
- Blend until smooth and consistent
- Warm the pita bread in the oven or on the stovetop for a couple of minutes
- Spread the beet paste onto the warm pita
- Top with cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and the roasted rosemary
- Drizzle olive oil over the pita, and finish off with salt and black pepper to taste. Enjoy!