In this week’s minisode, we received a question about what to eat during pregnancy and how to not go over the recommended amount of weight gain while expecting. So often we are asked about how to add in the extra calories in the day and we often get asked about “eating for two”. Tune in to learn how to have a balanced meal plan during pregnancy and snack ideas that will keep you feeling full and satisfied without going overboard.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What’s the recommended amount of weight gain during pregnancy
- How many calories do you need when expecting
- What a healthy diet for pregnancy actually looks like
- A break down of the food groups and exact portion sizes
- How to curb cravings when expecting
- Healthy meal and snack ideas for mom and baby to be
Further Reading: Nutritional Needs During Pregnancy from the USDA
Be sure to share with a friend or family member who is expecting to help them know what to eat during pregnancy in order to have a happy and healthy pregnancy! We know that pregnancy can be such a precious, but confusing time in your life so we hope that we can ease that process by helping you out with the nutrition component to pregnancy. We love all of your wonderful questions on the podcast so keep asking away! To record a question, go to our podcast page and record your question with your computer or phone.
If you’re enjoying our podcast, make sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and Sound