Stop the presses!
We’re officially launching our new clothing line. We’ve got shirts, tanks and totes galore for both the ladies and gents.
We wanted to spread our healthy food message through the clothes we wear — while getting a chance to play with our creative brains (we’re both lefties after all).
So come on in because we’re open for business and taking pre-orders today.
Check us out here and make sure to spread the word!
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Medium pot filled with water
- Crack your egg into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat up the pot filled with water, and bring to a light boil.
- Add vinegar to the pot, and stir the water+vinegar clock-wise (creating a small whirlpool.)
- Carefully slide your egg into the whirlpool.
- Wait 2-3 minutes, and then lift the egg with a slotted spoon.
- Enjoy with toast or salad!
Since food heaven luh the kids, we decided to throw them in the video mix. This is part 1 of a 2 part series we’re doing with MomsRising.org to get kids and parents active in the kitchen. These two cuties prepared cucumber “cupcakes” and apple “donuts” Hope you enjoy watching as much as we enjoyed filming!
Stay tuned for part 2 coming out next week, where we take this to the streets and get people in streets of NYC to do some taste testing!
- 2-3 cups of almonds (about $5 per cup)
- Place the almonds in a food processor
- Turn on processor and let it blend for 20-30 minutes (note: to save blending time, place almonds oven at 110 degrees for about 2 hours before you put in food processor)
- Stop periodically to scrape down the sides as needed
- The almond butter is good to go when it is smooth and creamy
- For better shelf life, place almond butter in a glass jar and put in fridge
- Add on top of whole wheat toast for breakfast or add two tablespoons to your green smoothie for healthy fat and protein
Cost: $5 per cup of almonds
Calories: Serving size is 2 tablespoons: 100 calories/serving + 7 grams of protein
We’ve partnered up with Honest Tea to do a 5 day challenge +GIVEAWAY! Day one starts on Monday, and the challenge ends on Friday. All you need to do is take a pic of your challenge activity on facebook, instagram, or twitter, and tag us in it with the hashtag #mywellnesspledge. We came up with super simple and fun pledges. We’ll randomly pick one participant who has done the challenge and they will get a 30 day supply of unsweetened Honest Tea- we’ve tried their stuff and it’s pretty damn good. It’s organic wholesome goodness packed with all the magical benefits of tea leaves. So with that being said…who’s down?